Manual Identification Integration Flow¶
User visits a paid content page on merchant’s website.
- no - (this should happen only if the merchant uses lptokens over MUIDs) proceed to 3
- yes - proceed to 4
Merchant denies the user access to paid article and presents the user with one or all of:
- /gettoken or Manual Identification URL button/link configured to redirect the user back to the paid article with an lptoken. The button/link may be labeled for example “Check if I already purchased this”. If the user clicks the button the flow proceeds to 1.
- Dialog API purchase link[s] with
return_lptokenquery parameter set to
1. A user who clicks that link and proceeds to purchase the article, will be redirected to the purchased article with an lptoken appended as a query parameter (the flow proceeds to 1) that the merchant can use to check access for that user.
Merchant checks if the user has access to the paid content.
- no - proceed to 5
- yes - proceed to 6
Merchant denies the user access to paid content and presents them with LaterPay purchase button[s] (links to LaterPay Dialog API).
Merchant presents the paid article to the user.
- No automatic redirect to /gettoken.
- More complicated UX - the additional /gettoken button.