Automatic Analytics Integration¶
Connector Script automatically detects analytics services based on
global variables (
_gaq for Google Analytics and
wt for Webtrekk).
It sends Paid Content and AdVantage related Event Actions to all
detected analytics services.
The Event Actions are reported with the category
so they can easily be identified in the resulting statistics.
Supported Analytics Services¶
Automatic analytics integration supports the following analytics services:
- Google Analytics for Web (analytics.js) through the global variable
- Legacy Google Analytics for Web (ga.js) through the global variable
- Webtrekk through the global variable
Automatic Analytics Integration is configuration-free. If your website includes one of the analytics services listed above, you’ll receive Event Actions from Connector Script automatically.
Custom Analytics Integration¶
In some cases, you might want to extend and/or override the automatic analytics integration. For example:
- To integrate an unsupported analytics service
- To use a custom analytics API
- To suppress certain Event Actions
These cases can be covered by using the In-Page Configuration Callback “On Analytics Event”